World Economy & Development in brief (WDev)
is a high-quality information service on globalisation, North-South relations, and international ecology.
* is the English online edition of the German Informationsbrief Weltwirtschaft & Entwicklung (World Economy & Development – W&E)
* offers concise and pointed analysis, in-depth news and research-based information on international development and environmental affairs
* presents the European perspective on international civil society developments
* provides a platform for emerging alternatives to mainstream thinking North and South
* has strong links to international NGOs, research, and media institutions
* supports international advocacy and campaigning vis-à-vis decision makers in national and international politics
* documents relevant trends in civil society organisations and social movements world-wide.
is an independent platform for civil society organisations (CSOs), North-South and environmental policy initiatives. It is published by the founder of the German NGO WEED (World Economy, Ecology & Development Association) and the long-standing editor of World Economy & Development, Rainer Falk, Luxembourg, in co-operation with an international network of scientists, on-the-ground specialists and experts. Members of WEED recieve the German version W&E as part of their membership.